tl;dr I care about your privacy.
Last updated July 30, 2014
I will be filling this out a bit at a time, but it's important to me that you know how I'm storing your data, what I'm tracking, and what you can opt in and out of.
Why I Need Your Data
- Nickname - Friends need to be able to uniquely identify you.
- Email - In case you lose your password, or I need to get in touch with you.
- Profile picture - Optional. Add some personality to your account.
How You Are Being Tracked
- Google Analytics - This is their standard tracking that's
being used. I won't lose any sleep if you block this (nor would I blame you).
In fact, if you send the
DNTheader, CallToAr.ms won't embed the tracking code in the page to begin with.
- Google AdSense - Standard ad solution. Google is supposed
to honor the
DNTheader, so use that to block your habits from being tracked. You could use something like AdBlock, but I need some cash flow to keep the site running. If you're going to do this, I'd really appreciate it if you would donate or buy a premium membership (when they become available). Servers don't run on trees, yo!
- NewRelic Application Monitor - This doesn't monitor individual users, but tracks individual requests so that I can make sure the site doesn't fall flat on its face.
- Web Access Logs - To make sure I can protect the site if it is ever attacked, I need web logs to be able to diagnose the problem. These logs contain, among several things, your IP address, cookies, and request headers of every request. Logs get rotated out after a month.
Site Options You Can Opt In/Out Of
None as of yet...